Justify Your Attendance
In today's lean economy, many travel and education budgets have been cut. Yet, there is still a great need for training for employees. The education you will receive at CPM West is very valuable, but you may need to validate to management your reasons for wanting to attend.
CPM West has compiled a kit that will help with those needs. We have included several helpful items, including a return on investment workshop and a customizable letter to management.
If is important that you let management know the valuable education you will receive at CPM West. Stress the classes, workshops and courses you will attend. A few ideas to include when compiling your request:
- SAMPLE TRIP REPORT: Create a trip report after the conference. This report should discuss the sessions you have attended and how you will apply those to current projects in your organization. Once your manager sees how much you have learned during the week and how it can be applied in your organization, they will be more likely to send you to a conference again.
- CONFERENCE MATERIALS: Offer to share the information with co-workers. Bring home your conference materials to let co-workers share in the conference experience. IF desired, you can create a slideshow or other presentation to report to others in you office. CPM West provides access to conference materials to our attendees. Include the benefits of having this material in your request.
- PAST CONERENCE AGENDAS: If you've attended the conference in the past, make note of changes you have implemented in your organization based on information you learned at the conference. Be sure to include mention of specific sessions that were instrumental in the changes. If possible, list any cost savings that resulted from the change.
- CURRENT SESSION LINEUP: Calculate the cost of meeting with a consultant. At CPM West, you will have direct access to dozens of industry consultants. Information sharing, question-and-answer sessions and networking are a vital part of the conference experience. The solutions you can find at the conference can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in consulting fees.
- PAST ATTENDING COMPANIES: Interact with peers who share the same goals in the industry. These networking contacts can be invaluable once you return to work. The contacts you make at the conference can provide input far into the future on a variety of work-related topics.
- COST-SAVING FEATURES: Provide an accurate estimate of expenses you will incur. Be sure to include all travel costs, dining and lodging expenses, and cost of materials. CPM West has many money saving features.
Plus, Get a Certificate of Attendance!
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance after the event to verify your attendance at sessions that may be eligible for, or recognized by, your agency or organization as continuing education training credits!