The following demonstrations will take place in the exhibit hall and are FREE to all registrants!
7 Critical Tasks of Incident Response Table Top Exercise
The demo will take place every hour on the Contingency Planning and Management expo floor during the following hours:
Tuesday, April 3: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, April 4: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Game the first 15 minutes of an incident response at the 7 Critical Tasks of Incident Response Table Top Exercise. These sessions will feature a Table Top Model City and the facilitator will establish the variables of the incident and guide the participants through the exercise using criteria established by the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP). Participants will:
- Assess the Situation
- Determine the Danger Zone
- Establish the inner perimeter
- Establish the outer perimeter
- Establish the incident command post
- Establish the staging area and Press Staging area
- Request Additional Resources
These tabletop exercises will take place on the expo floor and start at the beginning of every hour during Contingency Planning and Management. For more information, contact Ken Glantz, National Domestic Preparedness Coalition at email@example.com.
Force & Firearms Championship
Tuesday, April 3 - 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Wednesday, April 4 - 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Presented by Ti Training
Shoot, Don't Shoot and Shoot Fast!
Test your skill, speed and judgment in true-to-life shooting simulations. You’ll compete against federal, state and local law enforcement officials by demonstrating your ability to recognize threats, speed drills and make a judgment call. Using real life video scenarios contestants will be challenged by the simulator and pitted against one another to achieve the highest score possible. Compete for cash prizes. 1st and 2nd place winners along with random participants will win!
The competition will feature three events:
• Treat recognition, 7 Targets in a "Hogan's Alley"..Friend or Foe? (7 points)
• Speed / Accuracy, Speed shooting on a plate rack. (timed to a 100th of a second, 6 plates)
• Judgment, a real life scenario, using judgment and your shooting skill. (3 points)
No need to pre-register. Go to booth 2803 to participate.
American K9 Interdiction K9 Demo
Tuesday, April 3 - 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM and 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
American K-9 Interdiction, LLC (AK9I) is a Service Disabled, Veteran-Owned Business which produces and trains superior working dogs for government, law enforcement, and private entities. AK9i specializes in training canines and handlers for policing/patrol assignments, narcotics detection, explosives detection on and off leash, tracking/trailing and specialty disciplines.
AK9I will demonstrate and show the capabilities of the following, which will include vehicle search, interior building search and object search:
- Patrol/Bite Dog- Dual prospect trained dog- will show criminal apprehension and control behavior. Take down of fleeing suspect and aggressive suspects as well as handler protection.
- Off Leash Explosive Detection Dog- Fully Trained Off Leash Explosive Detection Dog (OLEDD) utilizing directional control handling and a passive response (cover) up to 250 yards away from the handler.
- Detection Dog – Fully Trained Explosive Detection Dog (EDD) using-free hunt technique and a sit and stare (passive) final response.
Trikke Electric Vehicles Demo
Tuesday, April 3 - 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:30 PM - 2:00 PM
Wednesday, April 4 - 11:45 AM - 12:30 PM
See the amazing Trikke carving vehicles in action! We will be demonstrating the 48V Pon-e electric Trikkes, a 36V Pon-e Lite and at least two manual Trikkes. The demo will then be opened for people to try both types of vehicles with instruction from Trikke certified trainers. Give them a try and see why they are becoming so popular. Registration to ride is available at booth 3024 before the demo.
K-9 Explosive Detection Team Demo
Wednesday, April 4 - 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Observe the WMATA Explosive Detection K-9 Teams at Contingency Planning and Management 2012.
See the K-9 teams search and find hidden explosives as well as passive compared to aggressive response as portrayed in the patrol K-9 teams. During this time of increased threats and lone wolves, understanding the specialized teams work can save lives.
Bomb Squad Response and Robots Demo
Wednesday, April 4 - 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Sponsored by: Metro Transit Police Department (MTPD).
Observe what bomb squads do during suspicious package activities, diagnostics, and render safe/disruption techniques. You’ll see Bomb Response Robots in action during a simulated CIP (Critical Incident Response) and other cutting-edge equipment relating to bomb squad operations.